Midsommar 2013 will be hosted by the Heart of America Chapter of VCOA in historic Lexington Missouri, just 45 minutes east of Kansas City. Situated on the banks of the Missouri river, Lexington is a beautiful town that has a significant history as being one of Missouri’s biggest cities west of the Mississippi in the early 1800s prior to the development of Kansas City. Lexington features more antebellum homes and structures than any other community in Missouri. For more information about Lexington, Missouri, click here.
This year’s Midsommar event will span 3 activity filled days:
- For Important Midsommar Updates, click here.
- Opening at noon on the 21st with event registration downtown, a Midsommar 2013 kickoff and pizza party will start the official activities Friday evening.
- Saturday brings the traditional VCOA car show activities on the city square along with Lexington’s Summer Block Party where Midsommar participants can go explore the City of Lexington. There will be a variety of local activities to be found alongside the largest gathering of Volvo enthusiasts in the Midwest. Saturday evening wraps up the day with a barbecue picnic, optional swim party and the ultimate awards presentation. Saturday closes with the 2013 rendition of Volvo Trivia, always a crowd favorite.
- Sunday brings a road rally and is the close of Midsommar.
- For a detailed Schedule of Events, click here.
Irv Gorden will be there with his 1966 1800S with the odometer teetering on the verge of 3,000,000 miles! Saturday afternoon’s activities include a Question & Answer session with Irv. Don’t miss this!
Your Midsommar registration includes:
- 3 meals: 2 dinners and 1 lunch provided.
- Midsommar credentials.
- Event t-shirt.
- Premier car show with quality awards.
- Plus numerous other activities within walking distance that include shopping, antiques, local history and a family friendly environment that is great for the entire family.
Online registrations for adults and children under 16 may be made at the VCOA website under the events option. A mail in option is also available click here.
Limited lodging is available in Lexington and it is recommended that you make your reservations early! There are a number of very nice B&B’s and there are several motels along I-70, Highway 13 or in Richmond for your stay. For lodging information, click here.
We hope you will plan to come to Midsommar 2013, which will be one of best and largest VCOA events in the Midwest during the summer of 2013. We hope to see you there!